[Kde-pim] Akonadi mail check bug

Dan Vrátil dan at progdan.cz
Fri Mar 14 14:51:47 GMT 2014

On Friday 14 of March 2014 15:44:55 GEO wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have read about people complaining that akonadi would suddenly "lock" up
> and new mails would not be displayed, only with restarting akonadi or a
> manual mail check.
>
> I have experienced the following: I have set an auto mail check, interval of
> 5 minutes, and I have added "akonadictl start" to my autostart, so akonadi
> starts when I log in and instantly tries to check mails. However, as my
> wifi initializes slower than akonadi, akonadi seems to try checking mails
> while the internet connection is not there yet. After wifi is up, akonadi
> never checks mails again, despite the auto check.
>
> So:
>
> Current behavior: If one mail check fails, akonadi does not consider the
> auto check interval settings.
>
> Expected behavior: Akonadi should still try to check mails following the
> auto check interval, even if the internet connection is lost somehow during
> one attempt.
>
> What do you say?

Hi,

are your mail accounts switched online after the wifi is connected? If not, no
check will happen (and there is a known bug that for some people the resources
are not switching online for some reason). The account name would be someting
like "My Account (offline)".

Also please test with KDE 4.13 and Akonadi 1.12 once their are out, I did some
changes relevant to automatic synchronization, so maybe it will solve your
problem.

Cheers,
Dan

> Greetings,