[Kde-pim] Akonadi mail check bug

GEO 1g2e3o4 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 14:44:55 GMT 2014

Hi,

I have read about people complaining that akonadi would suddenly "lock" up and
new mails would not be displayed, only with restarting akonadi or a manual
mail check.

I have experienced the following: I have set an auto mail check, interval of 5
minutes, and I have added "akonadictl start" to my autostart, so akonadi
starts when I log in and instantly tries to check mails. However, as my wifi
initializes slower than akonadi, akonadi seems to try checking mails while the
internet connection is not there yet. After wifi is up, akonadi never checks
mails again, despite the auto check.

So:

Current behavior: If one mail check fails, akonadi does not consider the auto
check interval settings.

Expected behavior: Akonadi should still try to check mails following the auto
check interval, even if the internet connection is lost somehow during one
attempt.

What do you say?

Greetings,

GEO