[Kde-pim] configuring Akonadi server

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Tue Mar 11 15:36:13 GMT 2014

On Tuesday 11 of March 2014 16:08:36 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tuesday, 2014-03-11, 15:44:52, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I am running "akonadictl start" in a D-Bus session without X. This
> > causes several of the agents to fail, for example:
> >
> > akonadi_agent_launcher: cannot connect to X server
> >
> > The relevant ones for my purposes (local calendar and address book) seem
> > to work fine, but the error messages get annoying.
> >
> > How can I disable all attempts to start agents that I don't need? I
> > looked for documentation of akonadiserverrc but did not find anything at
> > first glance.
>
> I think agent start is controlled by agentsrc.
> And possibly by the "Autostart" capability in the agent's .desktop file

All "Autostart" agents are automatically started on every Akonadi start,
regardless agentsrc. However you can set AKONADI_DISABLE_AGENT_AUTOSTART=1 env
variable, then only agents listed in agentsrc will be started. So you first
need to remove ~/.config/akonadi/agentsrc (to not have all agents from
previous Akonadi runs started), then start Akonadi with the env variable set
and there should be no agents running.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348