[Kde-pim] GSoC 2014- Active Mail

Michael Bohlender michael.bohlender at kdemail.net
Sun Mar 16 11:40:59 GMT 2014

> Michael told me that there is much work in the account configuration area.
> Can you please tell me what all work needs to be done in that area?
> I would like to work on the UI as well.

App settings in Plasma Active live in the settings app and not only in the
app UI. Have a look at this blog post[1] and its links.

Like for every GSoC project around kontact touch I suggest two parts:

1) Expose the functionality as a qml import

2) Write a UI on top of said API

In this case, the UI should be written as a module for the settings app.
It is up to you, to decide, what features/settings you want to cover with
your GSoC project. Just take a look at the current settings and provide us
with a list of the things you plan to support.

Cheers

Mike

[1]
http://vizzzion.org/blog/2012/01/active-settings-modular-embeddable-configuration/