[Kde-pim] GSoC 2014- Active Mail

amanjot singh amanjot1507 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 09:51:15 GMT 2014

Hi!

I intend to submit a proposal under Project:Active Mail this year.

I have been talking to Michael Bohlender and he has been guiding me with
the work to be done.
I have built the 4.12 branch of kdepim.git and have gotten familiar with
Active Mail, been playing around with the UI, added accounts, checked mails
etc.

I worked in SoK 2012, for the Global New Document Menu project, so I have
experience in qt, c++, kde, plasma components programming. And I'm learning
QML.

Any valuable inputs on what to do now?

I have been reading the archives of this mailing list and I found the
requirements page - http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/mail .. And I
have gone through it.

I'm going through the source files and trying to understand the code a
little.
Michael told me that there is much work in the account configuration area.
Can you please tell me what all work needs to be done in that area?
I would like to work on the UI as well.

Thank you! :)

--
Amanjot Singh
Bachelor's in Computer Science and Engineering