[Kde-pim] Akonadi lockups with server problems

GEO 1g2e3o4 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 19:42:09 GMT 2014

Hi,

This is going to be a pain to test and reproduce ...
Basically this should work to reproduce it:

1.) Create a gmail account
2.) Configure that account in kmail
3.) Now delete that gmail account
4.) After some time kmail shows a warning: The server does not respond.
Simply enter the former password again.
Then go to the account and try to view messages (it will show the resource is
offline, or it will show the resource is broken).
Simply select go online.
I was successful producing a complete lockup, so that I could not access any
other mails anymore without deleting the broken resource.

This is a pain because setting up and deleting an account only is possible in
a time-frame of hours.

I am volunteering to test this again and provide the needed debugging data.
Please instruct me what I should enable and what information to look for.

Thank you!