[Kde-pim] Akonadi lockups with server problems

GEO 1g2e3o4 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 23:27:29 GMT 2014

On Friday 14 March 2014 20:42:09 you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is going to be a pain to test and reproduce ...
> Basically this should work to reproduce it:
>
> 1.) Create a gmail account
> 2.) Configure that account in kmail
> 3.) Now delete that gmail account
> 4.) After some time kmail shows a warning: The server does not respond.
> Simply enter the former password again.
> Then go to the account and try to view messages (it will show the resource
> is offline, or it will show the resource is broken).
> Simply select go online.
> I was successful producing a complete lockup, so that I could not access any
> other mails anymore without deleting the broken resource.
>

> This is a pain because setting up and deleting an account only is possible
> in a time-frame of hours.
>
> I am volunteering to test this again and provide the needed debugging data.
> Please instruct me what I should enable and what information to look for.
>
> Thank you!

This is demonstrated in the following screencast:
http://ubuntuone.com/67claAd4Jotl3RCbsjH4KE
(sry, for the slowness and the text comments done in the video, they make no
sense. I was tired. Normally I do this when the UI is in german ...)

I have sent the account information for debugging to Dan in private.