[Kde-pim] Akonadi mail check bug

GEO 1g2e3o4 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 15:52:52 GMT 2014

On Friday 14 March 2014 16:36:37 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Friday, 2014-03-14, 16:23:02, GEO wrote:
> > Yes I just tested ... they are switched offline and stay offline.
> > But this happens with all my resources, be it pop3 or my gmail account.
> > What factors does that depend on, if switching online works?
>
> What kind of network management system are you using?
> NetworkManager?
>
> I have my laptop suspended over night and the resource automatically go
> online when my network connection comes back on resume.
>
> KDE 4.11, Debian Unstable, using NetworkManager.
> Works with LAN, WIFI and Mobile Broadband.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

I am also using Network manager. The issue I am talking about is with a fresh
boot situation. In case of suspend it works, but that may be due to the fact
that my wifi connection works instantly after suspend.

I tried the following: - Open System Settings/Akonadi module
                                               -  Switch off Wifi => all
ressources go offline as expected
                                               - Turn of Wifi => even after Wifi
is connected, the resources do not go online

Now the interesting part: If Kmail window is open somewhere, after turning off
and on the wifi, all resources go online as expected. (You do not have to
interact with kmail in any way.)

So the event does not work, if all kmail instances are closed. If kmail is
open somewhere it works.