[Kde-pim] Akonadi mail check bug

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Fri Mar 14 16:13:48 GMT 2014

On Friday, 2014-03-14, 16:52:52, GEO wrote:

> I am also using Network manager. The issue I am talking about is with a
> fresh boot situation. In case of suspend it works, but that may be due to
> the fact that my wifi connection works instantly after suspend.
>
> I tried the following: - Open System Settings/Akonadi module
>                                                -  Switch off Wifi => all
> ressources go offline as expected
>                                                - Turn of Wifi => even after
> Wifi is connected, the resources do not go online
>
> Now the interesting part: If Kmail window is open somewhere, after turning
> off and on the wifi, all resources go online as expected. (You do not have
> to interact with kmail in any way.)
>

> So the event does not work, if all kmail instances are closed. If kmail is
> open somewhere it works.

Ah. There is a setting in KMail's account setting page, where you can tell
KMail to deactivate certain resources when it is closed.

That could be happening here. KMail is stopped, it deactivated the resources
for which it is told to.
They remain that way until KMail is started again. Then they follow the
network state.

Configure KMail -> Accounts: a dropdown selector on the right hand side of
each account, second option.

Check if that is "on" for you. If yes try to switch to "off" and check if the
behavior changes.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring