[Kde-pim] GSoC 2014- Active Mail

amanjot singh amanjot1507 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 11:28:09 GMT 2014

Hi!

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 2:39 PM, Michael Bohlender <
michael.bohlender at kdemail.net> wrote:

> My main concern is the account and identity config. The composer is part of
> the scope of another gsoc proposal, so not really your concern.
> The favourite folder concept is planed to be reworked, and probably nor
> ready at the time gsoc starts. So maybe schedule that for the end of your
> project, once everything else is done.

Active Mail uses the same accounts and identities dialog as KMail, which is
a QWidget based dialogue. So basically for the main part of my project I
have to re-write this functionality as QML on top of C++ API, right?

And apart from that all the functionality that I mentioned in the above
mail, I would be implementing if I complete that on time.

I will be preparing a mock up for the accounts config dialog as fast as I
can.

> I think the HIG on plasma active settings should answer most of your
> questions. [1]
>
> The way I read it, we can offer 'global' settings like the account config
> in the settings app and keep app specific things in the original app.
>
> We might want to consult with our usability expert Thomas Pfeiffer about
> that. However, these are details, that can be discussed during gsoc.
>
> Regards
>
> Mike
>
> [1] http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Development/ActiveHIG/Settings

Thank you!
--
Amanjot Singh
Bachelor's in Computer Science and Engineering