[Kde-pim] GSoC 2014- Active Mail

Michael Bohlender michael.bohlender at kdemail.net
Mon Mar 17 09:09:46 GMT 2014

My main concern is the account and identity config. The composer is part of
the scope of another gsoc proposal, so not really your concern.
The favourite folder concept is planed to be reworked, and probably nor
ready at the time gsoc starts. So maybe schedule that for the end of your
project, once everything else is done.

I think the HIG on plasma active settings should answer most of your
questions. [1]

The way I read it, we can offer 'global' settings like the account config
in the settings app and keep app specific things in the original app.

We might want to consult with our usability expert Thomas Pfeiffer about
that. However, these are details, that can be discussed during gsoc.

Regards

Mike

[1] http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Development/ActiveHIG/Settings