[Kde-pim] Testing 4.13beta - how does baloo work with mails ?

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 12:13:50 GMT 2014

On Friday 14 of March 2014 07:43:56 Martin Koller wrote:
> I just installed 4.13beta (from openSuse 13.1).
> What I see is that kmail's quick-search line does no longer work, e.g.
> in my inbox I just type some text I see as subject in the list below but
> all mails are hidden.
> (I'm talking about local maildir only)
> When does Baloo index my mails ?

It should start indexing immediately.

> Does this just take some time and I can use the filter just after a day or
> so ? Is there somewhere an indication what is indexed and what not ?
> In the property of the inbox folder I can see i maintenance tab that it has
> "indexed 100 items in this collection" but I'm not sure if this information
> is correct/current from baloo or if it's a leftover from nepomuk.
> Interesting is, that my inbox holds 197 mails, so why only 100 indexed?

The indexed items counter works only in Beta 2 (released today).

> In akonaidconsole I find akonadi_baloo_indexer with status Online, Idle,
> Message: Ready.

It says Idle most of the time, but it's silently indexing your changes ;-)

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348