[Kde-pim] Testing 4.13beta - how does baloo work with mails ?

Martin Koller kollix at aon.at
Sat Mar 15 15:17:05 GMT 2014

On Friday 14 March 2014 13:13:50 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Friday 14 of March 2014 07:43:56 Martin Koller wrote:
> > I just installed 4.13beta (from openSuse 13.1).
> > What I see is that kmail's quick-search line does no longer work, e.g.
> > in my inbox I just type some text I see as subject in the list below but
> > all mails are hidden.
> > (I'm talking about local maildir only)
> > When does Baloo index my mails ?
>
> It should start indexing immediately.
>
> > Does this just take some time and I can use the filter just after a day or
> > so ? Is there somewhere an indication what is indexed and what not ?
> > In the property of the inbox folder I can see i maintenance tab that it has
> > "indexed 100 items in this collection" but I'm not sure if this information
> > is correct/current from baloo or if it's a leftover from nepomuk.
> > Interesting is, that my inbox holds 197 mails, so why only 100 indexed?
>
> The indexed items counter works only in Beta 2 (released today).
>
> > In akonaidconsole I find akonadi_baloo_indexer with status Online, Idle,
> > Message: Ready.
>
> It says Idle most of the time, but it's silently indexing your changes ;-)

ok, I have now installed 4.12.90 yesterday night.
However, nothing changes to the good.

My inbox tells me: Total messages: 193
Indexed 11 items of this collection

I've activated all baloo debug flags and checking the log, when
I click on "Force reindexing", shows:
akonadi_baloo_indexer(10771) BalooIndexingAgent::reindexCollection: Reindexing collection  13
akonadi_baloo_indexer(10771) BalooIndexingAgent::indexedItems: 13
Still no more than 11 items are indexed.

what's next ?

--
Best regards/Schöne Grüße

Martin
A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion
Q: Why is top posting bad?

/\                        - against proprietary attachments

Geschenkideen, Accessoires, Seifen, Kulinarisches: www.bibibest.at