[Kde-pim] Akonadi 4.13 testing issues

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:07:19 GMT 2014

On Thursday 20 March 2014 15:14:08 GEO wrote:
> All issues described are on a clean 4.13 beta 2 install and fully
> reproducible
>
> ISSUE 1: Account Wizard does not allow configuring a pop3 account
>
>  If you open the account wizard fill in information, uncheck "Search for
> Provider Settings on Internet", click "Next" and select Pop3, nothing
> happens, only a progressbar is shown, that will stay there forever.
>  Expected behavior: You should be prompted to specify your
> incoming/outgoing server etc.
>  Apart from that, if you click "Back/Next/Back/Next/Back/Next" the account
> wizard crashes (I am talking here from the situation where the progressbar
> for the pop3 account is shown ...). Backtrace is attatched.
>
>  I demonstrated the issue in this screencast:
> http://ubuntuone.com/78HHrVOY4gaCvv5rtcBPeZ

I can reproduce this. No crashes here, though, but doesn't work either.
openSUSE 13.1+KDE SC 4.13 beta2 + updated kernel

> ISSUE 2: Authentication dialog blocks all Akonadi ressources
>
>  If you have a ressource that can't log in on the server, it will block
> akonadi from accessing all other ressources.
>  This can be reproduced with Kmail: If akonadi cannot login on one server,
> you will be prompted a dialog where you can choose to retry/canel the
> operation. If you cancel, you can access all other resources again. During
> the dialog is shown, you cannot access mails of other resources that are
> available. This becomes problematic if the server takes long to report
> back that logging in was not successful, because it will make all other
> resources unaccessible.
>
>  This is demonstrated in the following screencast:
> http://ubuntuone.com/0ol1PwzGEtufVsSZoBzyBC

I have had this issue several times but can't reliably reproduce it. Right
now, things work fine. No idea why...
openSUSE 13.1+KDE SC 4.13 beta2 + updated kernel

> ISSUE 3: Imap, Kmail Mail folder, and Mbox resources do not make use of
> "NotConfigured"
>
>  Everytime you add a new Imap, Kmail Mail folder or Mbox resource, you will
> get a "Broken resource" notification.
>
>  This is demonstrated in the following screencast:
> http://ubuntuone.com/76ufwtgbM3wwPULeswQMpB

Can reproduce this.
openSUSE 13.1+KDE SC 4.13 beta2 + updated kernel

> ISSUE 4: Akonadi resources do not go online automatically, if Akonadi is
> started when there was no connection
>
>  If Akonadi is started and there is network connection, all resources are
> online as expected. When you turn off and on the network access now, the
> resources go online instantly after there is network connection again.
>  But if you disconnect from all your networks, stop akonadi, and start
> akonadi using "akonadictl start", the resources wont go online themselves.
>
>  This is demonstrated in the following screencast:
> http://ubuntuone.com/1y5oA3j5XXSGN43PHluN82

I've seen this but can't reproduce it reliably.
openSUSE 13.1+KDE SC 4.13 beta2 + updated kernel