[Kde-pim] Akonadi 4.13 testing issues

GEO 1g2e3o4 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:48:03 GMT 2014

On Thursday, March 20, 2014 04:07:19 PM you wrote:
> On Thursday 20 March 2014 15:14:08 GEO wrote:
> > All issues described are on a clean 4.13 beta 2 install and fully
> > reproducible
> >
> > ISSUE 1: Account Wizard does not allow configuring a pop3 account
> >
> >  If you open the account wizard fill in information, uncheck "Search for
> >
> > Provider Settings on Internet", click "Next" and select Pop3, nothing
> > happens, only a progressbar is shown, that will stay there forever.
> >
> >  Expected behavior: You should be prompted to specify your
> >
> > incoming/outgoing server etc.
> >
> >  Apart from that, if you click "Back/Next/Back/Next/Back/Next" the account
> >
> > wizard crashes (I am talking here from the situation where the progressbar
> > for the pop3 account is shown ...). Backtrace is attatched.
> >
> >  I demonstrated the issue in this screencast:
> > http://ubuntuone.com/78HHrVOY4gaCvv5rtcBPeZ
>
> I can reproduce this. No crashes here, though, but doesn't work either.
> openSUSE 13.1+KDE SC 4.13 beta2 + updated kernel

As for the crash: Did you exactly press  "Back/Next/Back/Next/Back/Next"? in
this order and multiple times?

> > ISSUE 2: Authentication dialog blocks all Akonadi ressources
> >
> >  If you have a ressource that can't log in on the server, it will block
> >
> > akonadi from accessing all other ressources.
> >
> >  This can be reproduced with Kmail: If akonadi cannot login on one server,
> >
> > you will be prompted a dialog where you can choose to retry/canel the
> > operation. If you cancel, you can access all other resources again. During
> > the dialog is shown, you cannot access mails of other resources that are
> > available. This becomes problematic if the server takes long to report
> > back that logging in was not successful, because it will make all other
> > resources unaccessible.
> >
> >  This is demonstrated in the following screencast:
> > http://ubuntuone.com/0ol1PwzGEtufVsSZoBzyBC
>
> I have had this issue several times but can't reliably reproduce it. Right
> now, things work fine. No idea why...
> openSUSE 13.1+KDE SC 4.13 beta2 + updated kernel

I think Dan has been aware of it for a longer time. It should be reproducible
all the time. Everytime you get a dialog that is asking for a password, all
resources are blocked as long as the password (authentication) dialog is open.

> > ISSUE 3: Imap, Kmail Mail folder, and Mbox resources do not make use of
> > "NotConfigured"
> >
> >  Everytime you add a new Imap, Kmail Mail folder or Mbox resource, you
> >  will
> >
> > get a "Broken resource" notification.
> >
> >  This is demonstrated in the following screencast:
> > http://ubuntuone.com/76ufwtgbM3wwPULeswQMpB
>
> Can reproduce this.
> openSUSE 13.1+KDE SC 4.13 beta2 + updated kernel
>
> > ISSUE 4: Akonadi resources do not go online automatically, if Akonadi is
> > started when there was no connection
> >
> >  If Akonadi is started and there is network connection, all resources are
> >
> > online as expected. When you turn off and on the network access now, the
> > resources go online instantly after there is network connection again.
> >
> >  But if you disconnect from all your networks, stop akonadi, and start
> >
> > akonadi using "akonadictl start", the resources wont go online themselves.
> >
> >  This is demonstrated in the following screencast:
> > http://ubuntuone.com/1y5oA3j5XXSGN43PHluN82
>
> I've seen this but can't reproduce it reliably.
> openSUSE 13.1+KDE SC 4.13 beta2 + updated kernel

This is really strange. I can reproduce it in 100% of the cases, with no
special settings. Fresh install. How many connections do you have? Make sure
you are disconnected from ALL connections during akonadi startup, and make
sure kmail is closed all the time, check the status of the resources in system
settings.