[Kde-pim] Akonadi on Ubuntu Trusty

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Fri Mar 21 12:49:41 GMT 2014

On Friday, 2014-03-21, 12:27:11, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-03-21 at 11:06 +0100, Kevin Krammer wrote:

> > As far as I can tell state() will return Broken if there is a version
> > mismatch.
> > But that shouldn't happen on a system that deploys both server and client
> > from packages.
>
> Trusty has:
>
> $ dpkg -s libakonadi-kde4

> Version: 4:4.12.90-0ubuntu2
> Replaces: kdepimlibs-data, kdepimlibs5 (<< 4:4.4.0)
> Depends: libakonadiprotocolinternals1 (>= 1.11.80), libc6 (>= 2.14), libgcc1

> <debian-qt-kde at lists.debian.org> $ dpkg -s akonadi-server
> Version: 1.11.80-0ubuntu3
> Depends: libakonadiprotocolinternals1 (= 1.11.80-0ubuntu3),

> Is that consistent?

Both depend on the same protocolinternals, so that should be fine. Both
version numbers look like some beta version though.

> If there is a failing version check, shouldn't that show up in the D-Bus
> dump that I sent earlier?

The version check is not done via D-Bus but via the data connection (AFAIK),
so no.

Your test program works (reports Akonadi running) here on Debian/Unstable.

I am afraid you'll have to debug why it reports "Broken" for you.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring