[Kde-pim] Akonadi 4.13 testing issues

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Thu Mar 20 18:02:41 GMT 2014

On Thursday, 2014-03-20, 18:50:55, Daniel Vrátil wrote:

> It's not as serious as described here :-) It only blocks a session that
> started the fetch, not all resources. I'm experimenting with adding a
> timeout to ItemRetriever. There's a danger though that when there's a
> long-lasting task running in the resource (large collection sync), the
> retrieval might timeout, which we don't want, but I think that's a
> reasonable trade-out for locking up forever when a resource goes nuts or
> something.

Timeouts are especially risky here since resources are likely to use some for
of remote connection and are therefore subject to all kinds of delays.

If there is a timeout then the resources should at least have a way of
signalling "I am ok, just waiting on a response myself".

But this is unfortunately a lot like polling, unecessary wake ups, etc.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring