[Kde-pim] Should akonadi_nepomuk_feeder be running in mast or 4.13?

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Mar 13 14:57:10 GMT 2014

On Thursday 13 March 2014 15:51:45 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Thursday 13 of March 2014 15:19:53 laurent Montel wrote:
> > >
> > > Most probably it's left there from your previous builds (it has been
> > > removed from kdepim-runtime master a while ago). Just remove
> > > /usr/bin/akonadi_nepomuk_feeder.
> > >
> > > Dan
> >
> > David told me about this problem too.
> > He thought that it will go to provide a black list for agent which is
> > removed in next version. So for dev user we can continue to use all
> > without
> > remove it but it will not load at startup.
> >
> > What do you think about it ?
> >
> > I CC david too it's his idea :)
>
> This situation happens so rarely, that I doubt that it's worth the effort.
> But if David wants to implement it, I won't stop him :-)

I want KDE developers to be able to use the KDE they compile into their own
prefix. It's crazy to assume only the end user use case, we need to also make
our own use case work, otherwise more developers will switch to "only
compiling their own app and using packages for everything else", which I'm
strongly fighting against (creates a lot of segmentation in KDE, and reduces
the chances of someone fixing a bug elsewhere in KDE).

Therefore I will fix this, should take 3 lines :)