[Kde-pim] GSOC 2014 Project:Active Mail, Project:ToDo API

Michael Bohlender michael.bohlender at kdemail.net
Sun Mar 2 10:12:30 GMT 2014

On Saturday, March 1, 2014, amanjot singh <amanjot1507 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I am interested in this year's GSOC for KDE PIM.
>
> Two projects caught my eye
>
> Project: Active Mail
> Project: QtQuick ToDo API / Plasmoid
>
> I am interested in both and would like to get started on both and then
> decide later which interests me more

Sounds good. There is already one applicant for each project. This should
not discuorage you. There is enough work for more then one student in
Active Mail and the other Kontakt Touch apps. We just need the solts and
mentors. Please check the kdepim list archive of last month. You will find
a lot oft information there (subjects: "project: active mail" and "qtquick
todo API / plasmoid").

> I worked in SOK 2012

Did you do any work in KDE since then?

> So I have experience in UI creation, QT/KDE programming. I am learning
> QML/QtQuick as of now.
>
> Could u tell me where to get started? Some resources for the same?

Building Active Mail is obviously a good start. It is located in the
"mobile" folder of the kdepim repository.
I assume, you already know how our review based workflow works? You can do
some qml coding stile fixes in /mobile, if you want to refresh your memory.
Raise your hand, if you want some more advanced junior jobs.

Doing some mockups for the composer/todo app/todo plasmoid in qml might be
a good way to practice your qml skills (use PlasmaComponets if you are
doing that).

Do you own a tablet that can run plasma active or do you have another way
to test the touch UIs you will create during your GSoC project?

Cheers

Mike