[Kde-pim] KHolidays regions

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Jun 21 13:05:36 BST 2014

On KDE mailing lists we usually reply inline because it's much easier to
see which parts of a original message the reply refers to.

On Friday 20 June 2014 13:49:03 Justin Eberlein wrote:
> Looking at the new file format and naming scheme, here's my current
> idea for Christian holidays.
>
> *The universal stuff like Christmas and Easter would get one file per
> language: holiday_xx_*language*_christian.

The date of Easter is not universal. The date of Easter differs between
Western Christianity (based on the Gregorian calendar) and Eastern
Christianity (based on the Julian calendar). See e.g.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter#Date.

Similarly, some churches celebrate Christmas on December 25 of the
Julian calendar.

> Finally, I have two requests:
> 1) As implied, can we add christian as a supported variant tag?

Since there are no universally common dates for Christian holidays this
doesn't seem to be necessary.

Regards,
Ingo