[Kde-pim] akonadi plugins for kdeconnect

桥 杨 yangqiao0505 at icloud.com
Tue Jul 22 12:00:34 BST 2014

I was trying to make a akonadi plugin for kdeconnect which would sync calendar / event / contact between pc and other devices , but failed to find out a way to sync/merge. The main problem is that I can not associate the events with a same UID over all devices, as one pc can connect to multiple phones and vice versa, too hard to unify them all without a center server or something. I wasn’t expecting the sync/merge is so complicated and what I’ve done seems to be turned out meaningless.  I’ve just seen that google resources will be ported to akonadi, like calendar and contacts, so I’m not sure if I should drop it or try to go on? If we have already a lot of work on google resources, I think maybe I should stop it and move on.
I would like to hear your opinions so that I could make decision asap. Thank you!