[Kde-pim] akonadi plugins for kdeconnect

Achim Bohnet alleehol at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 07:43:34 BST 2014

On Dienstag 22 Jul 2014 19:00:34 桥 杨 wrote:
> I was trying to make a akonadi plugin for kdeconnect which would sync
> calendar / event / contact between pc and other devices , but failed to
> find out a way to sync/merge. The main problem is that I can not associate
> the events with a same UID over all devices, as one pc can connect to
> multiple phones and vice versa, too hard to unify them all without a center
> server or something. I wasn’t expecting the sync/merge is so complicated
> and what I’ve done seems to be turned out meaningless.  I’ve just seen that
> google resources will be ported to akonadi, like calendar and contacts, so
> I’m not sure if I should drop it or try to go on? If we have already a lot
> of work on google resources, I think maybe I should stop it and move on. I
> would like to hear your opinions so that I could make decision asap. Thank

Hi 桥 杨,
What is your plugin doing?  a) Provinding what is on the mobile as resources
on the laptop/desktop. Or b) providing all resources that akonadi knows about
as a calender/event/contact resource to the mobile?

a) is not so useful IMHO as there can already sync via google servers etc.

b) is very useful IMHO, because I could then install only kdeconnect on my
mobile and I would have immediate access to all local, ldap, google, facebook,
etc resources on my phone (and all this without installing tons off additional
apps and storing user/pw infos on the phone).   This would be really great and
I would immediately drop syncing my phone via google and *dav servers.

Achim

                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com