[Kde-pim] Is anyone using Akonadi::Tag?

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Jul 13 13:50:46 BST 2014

Hello,

On Friday 11 July 2014 19:46:53 Daniel Vrátil wrote:
> On Friday 11 of July 2014 19:28:10 Kevin Ottens wrote:

> > > Well, in Akonadi Console features are added when they are needed and
> > > bugs fixed when they become too annoying :-)
> > >
> > > I added a dialog to create, modify and delete tags from the Browser tab
> > > (it's in master only). It's not yet possible to reparent tags, I might
> > > add that later on.
> >
> > Interesting, didn't find it though. Where is it?
>
> Right-click on the Tags view in Browser tab (bottom left corner), you get a
> popup menu to Add/Edit/Remove tags.

Thought I tried that and it didn't work... But indeed it works now, was
probably just me being stupid.

> > > You can assign tags in the "Internals" tab, when you select an item. It
> > > does not work atm, but it should work once Christian pushes some related
> > > changes to kdepimlibs master.
> >
> > That I found, but indeed it didn't work.

> > > Maybe tomorrow :-)
> >
> > Apparently yes. I've been in touch with Christian in parallel, we did good
> > progress already.

OK, so with the patch there applied locally:
https://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/119236/

And your latest changes to the akonadi server and libakonadi it looks like
it's all working as I'd expect.
The only thing which still seems broken is the internal tab for items. The
tags for the item don't appear there, the link exists though as I see them
properly in the pimitemtagrelation table using the DB browser. They're just
not picked up by that tab somehow.

I'll try to write my tests using those facilities now. If that's just an
oddity on the akonadiconsole side I can live with it, if that hides something
more annoying I'll investigate and let you know.

Regards.
--
Kévin Ottens, http://ervin.ipsquad.net