[Kde-pim] Frameworks branch?

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Tue Jul 8 21:06:46 BST 2014

Le mardi 8 juillet 2014 18:36:09 John Layt a écrit :
> On 24 June 2014 17:08, laurent Montel <montel at kde.org> wrote:
> > Le mardi 24 juin 2014 16:45:35 John Layt a écrit :
> >> With KF5 due to be tagged in one week, and 4.14 going into feature
> >> freeze tomorrow, I was wondering what the state of the kdepimlibs
> >> frameworks branch was?
> >>
> >> I seem to recall steveire had a frameworks branch somewhere with lots
> >> of build changes and other things, was this ever merged in?
>
> Do we know if Steve's changes were ever merged in?
>
> >> Did we reach a consensus on when we want to switch our focus from KDE4
> >> to KF5?  After 4.14 or 4.15?
> >
> > After 4.15.
> >
> > So better to still work on master until 4.15 and after focus on framework
> > so we will have time more time to work on framework.
>
> OK, so is that just for the apps in kdepim, or for kdepimlibs as well?
>  The Frameworks and Plasma teams are interested in the planned
> scheduled and obviously want things sooner rather than later :-)

There are not 4.15 so it will start now we will focus to kdepimlibs and kdepim
after 4.14.
But all compiles fine so just need to remove kdelibs4support, add more
unittest, fix code etc.
So we will move to KF5 each module when there will be ok.

Regards.

Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53,  http://www.kdab.fr