[Kde-pim] KMail searching, and actions

Shaheed Haque srhaque at theiet.org
Mon Jan 13 22:58:20 GMT 2014

Hi,

Having finally got to KMail 4.12 (via Ubuntu), and thus turned Nepomuk back
on, I now find myself confused as to what Search functionality does/should
work in terms of the ability to manage the "found" emails. Specifically:

- I enter some search criteria, and then search.

- The results window fills (though in some weird manner with a bunch of
blank rows before the actual results).

- I then select some (or all) of the emails

>From this point, I have three questions:

- I would like to delete the selected emails, but no such action is
available (from the context menu, or from the Search folder). Perhaps this
is because a search is in effect a virtual folder...in any event, is there
a way to do this?

- As a workaround, I tried moving the selected emails to another folder
(using the context menu), but this does not seem to work consistently. Is
there some trick to getting the emails to move?

- There is a context menu item for "Cut". What is this supposed to do?

Am I missing something about how Search in general is supposed to work?

Thanks, Shaheed