[Kde-pim] KMail searching, and actions

Jos Poortvliet jospoortvliet at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 10:10:20 GMT 2014

On Monday 13 January 2014 22:58:20 Shaheed Haque wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Having finally got to KMail 4.12 (via Ubuntu), and thus turned Nepomuk back
> on, I now find myself confused as to what Search functionality does/should
> work in terms of the ability to manage the "found" emails. Specifically:
>
> - I enter some search criteria, and then search.
>
> - The results window fills (though in some weird manner with a bunch of
> blank rows before the actual results).
>
> - I then select some (or all) of the emails
>
> From this point, I have three questions:
>
> - I would like to delete the selected emails, but no such action is
> available (from the context menu, or from the Search folder). Perhaps this
> is because a search is in effect a virtual folder...in any event, is there
> a way to do this?

I don't think it is possible. What you get when you search is a 'virtual'
folder, you don't actually have the real mails. In my experience, copying
works but moving doesn't very well. It might simply be buggy, of course, but
in general - it is for searching and reading the found mails, I don't think
it's meant to be a 'real' folder.