[Kde-pim] KDE and ownCloud Client

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sun Jan 12 21:29:34 GMT 2014

Hi Klaas,

On Sunday, 2014-01-12, 22:06:50, Klaas Freitag wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working on the ownCloud desktop sync client. I would like to add a
> checkbox to it which allows people to register ownClouds contacts and
> calendaring as akonadi resources if they initially setup the sync client
> on a KDE desktop.

Nice!

> I know I probably could create a file like
> .kde4/share/config/akonadi_davgroupware_resource_4rc and add the
> credential to kwallet etc. but I wonder if that is the way to go.  There
> is probably a class to work with to achieve the registration of the
> resource in C++?
>
> Who can hint me in the right direction?

The way to create resources is through AgentInstanceCreateJob [1]

Usually this includes a user driven setup step (the call to configure() in the
example code snippet) which you will want to skip.

The most common way to configure a resource without user intervention is to
get its settings D-Bus interface and then provide the necessary data.
See [2] for an example.

A different thing that might be worth considering is some for of integration
with "web/online accounts" (or whatever it is currently called [3].
Alex can probably get you more up-to-date information about that.

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdepimlibs-apidocs/akonadi/html/classAkonadi_1_1AgentInstanceCreateJob.html

[2] https://projects.kde.org/projects/kde/kdepim-runtime/repository/revisions/master/entry/migration/kmail/kmailmigrator.cpp#L744