[Kde-pim] Review Request 114996: Close mailbox before renaming it

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Mon Jan 13 12:54:00 GMT 2014

On Monday 13 of January 2014 12:36:23 Jan Kundrát wrote:
> [Looks like RB won't send out comments for an already-closed review,
> resending.]

(I got an email from RB)

> CLOSE performs a silent EXPUNGE behind the scenes. Are you sure this is
> what you really want to do?

The resource already calls EXPUNGE whenever it syncs a collection, so calling
it once more when it renames the collections should do no harm (or am I
missing something?)

> The alternatives are either UNSELECT if the server supports that, or, for
> just-RFC-3501, "EXAMINE something-which-doesnt-exist" -- see
> http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=trojita.git&a=blob&f=src/Imap/Tasks/UnSelectTask.
> cpp for how it's done within Trojita.

I didn't want to bother with handling fallback for servers without UNSELECT,
so I used CLOSE. Switching to EXAMINE is a good idea (but CLOSE feels cleaner
than opening a  non-existent folder). Christian, I can modify the
{Move,Remove}CollectionTask to use EXAMINE if you want me to.

Thanks for you help Jan.

Dan

--
Daniel Vrátil
KDE Desktop Team

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348