[Kde-pim] Review Request 114996: Close mailbox before renaming it

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Mon Jan 13 18:05:48 GMT 2014

On Monday, 13 January 2014 18:47:22 CEST, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> So, I agree that ideally we would be using the two-phase delete, but the
> usecases I'm aware of are few, which is why we didn't fix that
> yet. If you have
> a strong case for it, I'm all ears =)

This is not about what KMail shall or shall not offer, but about what other
clients do. There is plenty of software which does *not* move to thrash by
default, or is configurable not to do so. When a user runs KMail in
parallel to their other client, Akonadi might eat their data.

The problem is not in how KMail conducts deletion initiated by its own
user. The problem is how it interoperates with other concurrent IMAP
sessions.

Cheers,
Jan

--