[Kde-pim] KHolidays

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Wed Jan 22 15:52:48 GMT 2014

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 03:34:00 PM Martin Klapetek wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Allen Winter <winter at kde.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 02:31:20 PM Martin Klapetek wrote:
> > > Hey,
> > >
> > > I'm looking at porting KHolidays library to KF5 to start using it in
> > > Plasma2. I'm also thinking about splitting it out of kdepimlibs into
> > > separate framework. Would that be ok?
> > >
> > I don't see any reason why not.
> > We'll need to keep any bug fixes in sync with 4.12, master and frameworks
> > repos.
> > So that's a pain.
> >

> I'd split it out of the frameworks branch, so there would be no need for
> backports there. For other branches, I don't expect that many
> bugfixes...and 4.12 is merged to master, right?

Yeah, most of the bugfixes over the past few years have been in the
holidays files themselves, not the C++ code.  Yep, merge 4.12 into master.

> > > Also I see some wrong strings for Czech holidays in plan2/, can I simply
> > > fix them and commit? Or are these synced from somewhere?
> > >
> > Simply fix and commit.
> > Also you might want to CC the Author (see the Author tag near the top of
> > the file)

All changes to the holidays files should be made in the 4.12 branch and then
merged forward to master (and frameworks)

--
Allen Winter | allen.winter at kdab.com | Software Engineer
KDAB (USA), LLC, a KDAB Group company