[Kde-pim] Regarding threading (in response to http://www.progdan.cz/2013/11/email-threading-in-kmail-your-help-is-needed/)

Jan Kundrát jkt at flaska.net
Sat Jan 11 00:21:49 GMT 2014

On Thursday, 9 January 2014 19:31:31 CEST, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> I can confirm that it breaks for me as well quite often. For
> instance if I am
> part of a thread but don't receive my own responses, the subject
threading
> keeps the thread nevertheless together, but the perfect/by references
> threading doesn't.

Th threading algothm I was talking at the PIM sprint is THREAD=REFS as
implemented by Dovecot. The specification lives at [1] (it's actually
defined as a modification of the old, canonical THREAD=REFERENCES from RFC
5256).

That particular threading algothm works perfectly well with missing
messages.

With kind regards,
Jan

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-morg-inthread-01#section-4