[Kde-pim] How can I make Akonadi sync events ?

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sat Feb 15 13:04:41 GMT 2014

On Saturday, 2014-02-15, 13:35:10, Martin Koller wrote:
> As my previous mail "akonadi NULL remoteId ... ever set != NULL ?" went
> unanswered, I try to rephrase the question:
>
> I add an event into my calender (owncloude DAV resource) at a time where my
> owncloud server is not reachable (In my case I have e.g. my VPN tunnel
> open).
>
> When does which part of the Akonadi stack send this event to the owncloud
> server or what do I have to do to force it to send this event to the server
> ?

When you add an item to Akonadi, it will notify the resource that owns the
collection, i.e. the resource gets a call to itemAdded() or to its change
recorder if offline.

The resource then needs to process that add and assign a remoteId.

You seem to have run into a situation where the resource processed the item
add but did not assign a remote id.

I don't think Akonadi will try to add it again, but what you can try is to
move it to a different collection on a different resource and then move it
back or create a copy in the same collection.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring