[Kde-pim] QtQuick ToDo API / Plasmoid

Heena Mahour heena393 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 18:28:51 GMT 2014

Hi,
I was browsing through the gsoc ideas list and I am interested in
implementing a Todo plasmoid using akonadi .
It is a bit similar to the idea I suggested back to Kevin (which he
proposed in gsoc 2012 ) about plasma integration for akonadi .

So in this idea , what I plan is (correct me if I am wrong , or have any
suggestions :) )
Firstly , implement a todo dataengine :
->It will do fetch job that is fetch the todo list from korganizer using
akonadi .
->It will show the start date and end date of the todo .
->It will show the todo summary
->It will show todo status
->It will show how much % is done so far.
(..and as suggested )
Then , an for developing an applet
->QDBusInterface will be used to make d-bus call and connect to dbus signals
->the applet will be developed first using Qt4.7
After that , a QML frontend will be deveoped to fetch the todo list using
the dataengine .
After that , since plasma is now plasma2 .This plasmoid shall be ported to
Qt 5.2 and QML 2.0

Suggestions ?

Let me give a brief introduction about me as well :
Well,I like contributing to KDE and is using kubuntu since two years .
I was a season of kde 2012 participant in kde-edu .Later,I contributed to
plasma-workspace in google summer of code 2013 by porting plasmoids to
plasma2 .
I also mentored in google code in 2013 and have resolved few kde bugs as
well .
I am kind of interested in developing plasmoids .In kde-pim,I have
submitted a few patches in calendar as well :) .

Regards !

--
-Heena
Season of kde'12 participant