[Kde-pim] Akonadi Commandline Interface Project

Bhaskar Kandiyal bkandiyal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 19:11:09 GMT 2014

On Tuesday 18 February 2014 08:59 PM, Kevin Krammer wrote:
>> I have sent a couple of patches to KDE before but haven't done something
>> significant which I'm hoping to change this year :)
>
> That's how it always starts :)
> Last chance of escaping!

Haha not even remotely thinking about escaping this great community :D

>> Also, the prototype project [1] that I had a quick look at is well
>> commented so I think it should be a great starting point.
>
> One of the things that is currently unnecessarily complex is the startup
> phase.
> Originally I thought it would be a good idea to start as quickly as possible
> by delaying QCoreApplication initialization until it is really needed.
> However, that makes translations complicated, so it might be better to forget
> about that.
>
> Aside from familiarizing yourself with the prototype and our other command
> line clients, kabbcclient and konsolekalendar, it might make sense to check
> the command line options o f the GUI programs to gather ideas about use cases.

Will do, thanks :)

> Another thing that might be even a candidate as an alternative implementation
> base is libferris: http://monkeyiq.blogspot.com/2011/11/das-wiki-de-filesystem.html

You mean by writing a libferris plugin to support Akonadi and using that
in akonadiclient? Or maybe implementing something like libferris in the
akonadiclient so we can mount collections and manipulate them?

Cheers,
Bhaskar Kandiyal