[Kde-pim] Akonadi Commandline Interface Project

Bhaskar Kandiyal bkandiyal at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 15:29:11 GMT 2014

Hi :)

I've been working towards getting familiar with the existing code of
akonadiclient. I added a few commands to the existing client just to get
the hang of it. The commands are as follows:

* Clear - Clears all items of a collection
* Export - Export collection to an XML file
* Import - Import collection from an XML file

For the Export functionality I used the Akonadi::XmlWriteJob, but since
this class isn't available in pre-KDE 4.12 so to make it work for me on
KDE 4.11 I had to include the source for Akonadi::XmlReader and
Akonadi::XmlWriter in the akonadiclient. I don't know if it's the best
way to do this though.

The implementation for these commands can be a bit buggy (I didn't do
any extensive testing on it) and might not include all use cases but
it's sort of a demo implementation anyway :)

The code can be found here: https://github.com/gastly/akonadiclient

PS: I was wondering if there are any bug fixes I can do :)

Cheers,
Bhaskar Kandiyal