[Kde-pim] He's dead, Jim!

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Thu Dec 4 15:07:10 GMT 2014

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 3:57 PM, Daniel Vrátil <dvratil at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> KPimUtils has finally been annihilated. I have ported akonadi-search.git,
> kdepim-runtime.git, kdepim.git and of course the rest of kdepimlibs.git
> away
> from it - the most widely used component was the "Email" class, which now
> resides in KCodecs as KEmailAddress, so it was mostly just namespace
> changes.
>
> I also bumped minimum required version of KDE Frameworks to 5.5.0, so you
> need
> KF5 from git master in order to be able to build KDE PIM masters now.
>
> Let the games^Wsplitting begin!
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel
>
> PS: I also found that it's impossible to forward a mail with 5000 lines, as
> the composer simply cannot cope with such large email apparently :)

> Git commit 67d4c1efe0caf21ced860d62124c72ea9c52eae3 by Dan Vrátil.
> Committed on 04/12/2014 at 14:31.
> Pushed by dvratil into branch 'master'.
>
> Kill KPimUtils Framework
>
> The content of the framework has been dissolved into more appropriate
> frameworks or repositories
>
> Email -> KCodecs (KEmailAddress)
> EmailValidator -> kdepim.git/libkdepim/misc
> KFileIO -> removed
> LinkLocator -> KCoreAddons (KTextToHTML) + KEmoticons (integration plugin)
> ProgressIndicatorLabel -> kdepim.git/libkdepim/widgets
> ProgressIndicatorWidget -> kdepim.git/libkdepim/widgets

Good work Dan!

I'll start working on the splitting tomorrow or Monday.

To make sure we're on the same page, we should split out:
gpgme++ << the repository should be called gpgme?
kalarmcal
kblog
kcalcore
kcalutils
kcontacts
kholidays
kidentitymanagement
kimap
kioslave
kldap
kmbox
kmime
kpimtextedit
kpimutils
ktnef
kxmlrpcclient
mailtransport
qgpgme
syndication

Correct? Many of those I'm quite unsure what they are, so please tell me
before I go wrong.

Aleix