[Kde-pim] He's dead, Jim!

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Thu Dec 4 14:57:46 GMT 2014

Hi all,

KPimUtils has finally been annihilated. I have ported akonadi-search.git,
kdepim-runtime.git, kdepim.git and of course the rest of kdepimlibs.git away
from it - the most widely used component was the "Email" class, which now
resides in KCodecs as KEmailAddress, so it was mostly just namespace changes.

I also bumped minimum required version of KDE Frameworks to 5.5.0, so you need
KF5 from git master in order to be able to build KDE PIM masters now.

Let the games^Wsplitting begin!

Cheers,
Daniel

PS: I also found that it's impossible to forward a mail with 5000 lines, as
the composer simply cannot cope with such large email apparently :)

Git commit 67d4c1efe0caf21ced860d62124c72ea9c52eae3 by Dan Vrátil.
Committed on 04/12/2014 at 14:31.
Pushed by dvratil into branch 'master'.

Kill KPimUtils Framework

The content of the framework has been dissolved into more appropriate
frameworks or repositories

Email -> KCodecs (KEmailAddress)
EmailValidator -> kdepim.git/libkdepim/misc
KFileIO -> removed
LinkLocator -> KCoreAddons (KTextToHTML) + KEmoticons (integration plugin)
ProgressIndicatorLabel -> kdepim.git/libkdepim/widgets
ProgressIndicatorWidget -> kdepim.git/libkdepim/widgets

--
Daniel Vrátil | dvratil at redhat.com | dvratil on #kde-devel, #kontact, #akonadi
Software Engineer - KDE Desktop Team, Red Hat Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348