[Kde-pim] configuration in akonadi-next

Sandro Knauß mail at sandroknauss.de
Thu Dec 18 21:58:43 GMT 2014

Hey,

> > "Text" files are binary files with nice editors, that's all. (... just
> > look
> > at one with a hexeditor ;)
>
> Haha. Very funny. No, not funny at all.
>
> > Access, not format, is what matters.
>
> Exactly. And that's why access with everybody's favorite console text editor
> is important. Or even with sed, awk, grep, and friends.

+1. I love every file i can simply look into and do not have to use special
tool to look at it. Also for bugreporters this matters: you can easily drop
the content of a textfile and actually are sure that no passwords are
transmited. Using a db you have to access the database, create a dbdump to
have a readable thing.
But configuration should not be that heavy that any binary thing is needed to
be fast. And the configuration is read at one time maybe triggered, when it
was changed. So there is neither a timing issue nor a big chunck of data...

Regads,

sandro