[Kde-pim] configuration in akonadi-next

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Wed Dec 17 17:09:10 GMT 2014

On Wednesday 17 December 2014 18.01:41 Sandro Knauß wrote:
> Hey,
>
> On the one side I really like, the approch, that I can f.ex. handle my
> identities independently from any imap/smtp resource.
> On the other side it sucks, that everything is only service based and that
> there is no linkage between the resources. I think the only missing part is
> a kind of link or hierarchy between resources.  Why not save, that a
> concrete imap resource was setup together with one smtp and one identity .
> With this link, it is possible to show the user one ui for one resource and
> show him a list by service. The kolab resource could than display all
> relevat config files.

Yes, I think this should be tied together to some extent, in that a kolab
account can provide an associated identity. I do think though that we need to
still provide local-only identities.

> > We already do solve the setup process somewhat with
> > kaccounts/accountwizard, but we end up with a scattered mess of
> > configurations as aaron already pointed out. Currently you have to
> > configure ldap in kaddressbook for kmail addressee autocompletion to
> > work, and you have to setup smtp in kmail for korganizer to be able to
> > send iTip invitations.
>
> You forgotten freeebusy settings. But there i see a problem, freebusy is
> with currect kdepim a unique setting, so what resource is allowed to change
> this setting?

Same goes for ldap. The solution is IMO to get rid of this restriction and
allow multiple services/accounts provide freebusy/ldap.

Cheers,
Christian