[Kde-pim] configuration in akonadi-next

Sandro Knauß mail at sandroknauss.de
Wed Dec 17 17:01:41 GMT 2014

Hey,

On the one side I really like, the approch, that I can f.ex. handle my
identities independently from any imap/smtp resource.
On the other side it sucks, that everything is only service based and that
there is no linkage between the resources. I think the only missing part is a
kind of link or hierarchy between resources.  Why not save, that a concrete
imap resource was setup together with one smtp and one identity . With this
link, it is possible to show the user one ui for one resource and show him a
list by service. The kolab resource could than display all relevat config
files.

> We already do solve the setup process somewhat with kaccounts/accountwizard,
> but we end up with a scattered mess of configurations as aaron already
> pointed out. Currently you have to configure ldap in kaddressbook for kmail
> addressee autocompletion to work, and you have to setup smtp in kmail for
> korganizer to be able to send iTip invitations.

You forgotten freeebusy settings. But there i see a problem, freebusy is with
currect kdepim a unique setting, so what resource is allowed to change this
setting?

Regads,

sandro