[Kde-pim] [GSOC] AkonadiClient Progress Report

Bhaskar Kandiyal bkandiyal at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 19:29:08 BST 2014

Hello :)

A quick progress report about my GSOC Project.

I have implemented the import and export commands for the Akonadi client.

The export command exports a specified collection (along with it's items
and child collections) in Akonadi to an XML file. And the import command
imports the collections inside an XML file into Akonadi.

The exporting of collections is done by using XmlWriteJob which writes
the specified collections to the file and for the importing of XML files
I have used XmlDocument to load up the XML file and then merge the
collections in the XML file with the ones in Akonadi.

Next I will be working on writing a command interpreter for the Akonadi
client.

Cheers,
Bhaskar Kandiyal