[Kde-pim] Pim Sprint - KPeople Summary

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sun Apr 13 19:49:38 BST 2014

On Thursday, 2014-04-03, 03:06:54, Vishesh Handa wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> After the PIM sprint, David, Martin and I discussed searching with respect
> to KPeople. We have the following problems -

> Providing a runner for searching these KPeople contacts was also discussed,
> however given that KPeople is highly dependent on Telepathy and KDE-PIM, and
> Plasma is now on Qt5, the solution is not obvious.

I don't think there is any problem here.
The current version of Plasma is still based on Qt4 and some future versions
of Telepathy and KDE PIM will also be Qt5 based.

So a runner for current Plasma workspaces should have no problem accessing the
respective APIs.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring