[Kde-pim] Status of calender ical directory resource

Martin Steigerwald Martin at lichtvoll.de
Sun Apr 13 19:29:10 BST 2014

Am Sonntag, 13. April 2014, 19:32:25 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
> On Thursday, 2014-04-10, 20:08:23, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 10. April 2014, 15:28:21 schrieb Kevin Krammer:
[…]

> > > You mean as a default?
> >
> > Yes. Just like the new one contact per file based address book which
> > std.vcf got migrated to quite some time ago.
>
> I guess it didn't exist yet at some point and nobody added a change to make
> it default when it appeared.
>
> It does sound like being the better default, with a location in
> $XDG_DATA_HOME just like for contacts.
>
> I don't think it is worth the effort of adding migration but using it as the
> default in firstrun might be worthwhile.

Not everyone has a 7 MiB std.ics file :)

OTOH I don´t see a way to migrate manually without using the more technical
oriented Akonadiconsole.

> > > No idea, but since it is part of the module it should be fixed if it is
> > > not.
> >
> > I completely moved to it and it appears to work reliable here.
>
> I am not using any local calendar so I wouldn't know if there were any
> important differences between the dir and file resource other then the
> storage itself which would make the dir variant a bad default.
> It does sound like the better choice to me.

> > > Most likely. Probably just doesn't save the name when it gets a new one.
> >
> > Hmmm, okay. It looks a bit awkward in Akonadiconsole cause its the only
> > resource here with its original technical name
> > "akonadi_icaldir_resource_0"
> > – thats why I asked.
>
> Is that also the name that is displayed for its calendar entry in
> KOrganizer?

No, for Korganizer I was able to set a name. I just renamed the old ical
single file resource to "Persönlicher Kalender (alt)" prior to deleting it and
the new icald dir resource to "Persönlicher Kalender" (personal calender).

It appears to be working nicely so far.

Ciao,