[Kde-pim] Thoughts on fixing the CalDAV Ressource ignoring multiple events in fetched *.ics files

Philipp Schmidt philipp at schmidt-rheinhausen.de
Fri Oct 11 12:26:24 BST 2013

Am 11.10.2013 13:14, schrieb Sergio Martins:
> I think Philipp is talking about RECURRENCE-ID, in which one CalDav
> entry
> can have 1 recurring event and a couple of exceptions ( events with
> RECURRING-ID property ).

That is indeed what I meant. Googles Android Calendar for example uses
the "CANCELLED" status to indicate event esceptions whereas KOragnizer
and also Thunderbird use EXDATEs in the original Event to do that. And
for Events to be cancelled an additional VEVENT with recurrence-ID set
to the DATETIME of the original recurring VEVENT is created.

> CalDav is the place to fix it, as other resources already support
> RECURRENCE-ID.

OK, I will then try this hopefully this weekend. Thanks for the input!

Regards
Philipp