[Kde-pim] performance

Jos Poortvliet jpoortvliet at suse.de
Wed Nov 13 13:47:21 GMT 2013

Heya all,

I'm now at a conference with my laptop and are seeing some bad performance:
* opening mails that recently arrived takes several minutes
* but even re-opening a mail I had open 10 secs ago can take a minute or more
* Disabling nepomuk seems to make things a little faster but it can still
easily take a minute to open a mail.

This is on openSUSE 13.1, latest stable KDE PIM... The account has been
migrated for a few releases. It's a few disconnected imap accounts, one gmail,
one groupwise, one Horde. All the same story with slowness. CPU usage remains
pretty much 0 while doing stuff, it's certainly not resources - the laptop is
plenty fast.

I did run the nepomuk cleaner, not sure if there's something like that for
Akonadi. On the command line, Akonadi spews out some stuff like this:
AkonadiAgentServer(11681)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::removeEntry:
doesn't know "/home/jospoortvliet/.local/share/local-mail/sent-mail"
QDir::mkpath: Empty or null file name(s)
kmail2(11746) MessageList::Core::ModelPrivate::findMessageParent: Circular In-
Reply-To reference loop detected in the message tree

And some more like that.

Anything I can do to help debug this? It's essentially making it pretty
impossible to use...

Hugs,