[Kde-pim] performance

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Thu Nov 14 12:16:09 GMT 2013

On Wednesday 13 of November 2013 14:47:21 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> Heya all,
>
> I'm now at a conference with my laptop and are seeing some bad performance:
> * opening mails that recently arrived takes several minutes
> * but even re-opening a mail I had open 10 secs ago can take a minute or
> more * Disabling nepomuk seems to make things a little faster but it can
> still easily take a minute to open a mail.
>
> This is on openSUSE 13.1, latest stable KDE PIM... The account has been
> migrated for a few releases. It's a few disconnected imap accounts, one
> gmail, one groupwise, one Horde. All the same story with slowness. CPU
> usage remains pretty much 0 while doing stuff, it's certainly not resources
> - the laptop is plenty fast.
>
> I did run the nepomuk cleaner, not sure if there's something like that for
> Akonadi. On the command line, Akonadi spews out some stuff like this:
> AkonadiAgentServer(11681)/kio (KDirWatch) KDirWatchPrivate::removeEntry:
> doesn't know "/home/jospoortvliet/.local/share/local-mail/sent-mail"
> QDir::mkpath: Empty or null file name(s)
> kmail2(11746) MessageList::Core::ModelPrivate::findMessageParent: Circular
> In- Reply-To reference loop detected in the message tree

Hi Jos,

open Akonadi Console, go to "Browser" tab and check for duplicated folders in
"Local Folders", like having "Trash" folder and "whatever trash is called in
your language" folder. Delete one of  the duplicates, restart Kontact and you
should be fine.

Cheers,
Dan

> And some more like that.
>
> Anything I can do to help debug this? It's essentially making it pretty
> impossible to use...
>
> Hugs,

Daniel Vrátil
KDE Desktop Team
Associate Software Engineer, Red Hat, Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348