[Kde-pim] Strigi dead code removal

Daniel Vrátil dvratil at redhat.com
Wed Nov 20 14:18:20 GMT 2013

On Tuesday 19 of November 2013 19:42:22 Volker Krause wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as discussed in Brno I've removed the unmaintained Strigi search support
> from Akonadi, and removed most of the subsequent dead code in kdepim[libs|-
> runtime]. There are still two bits left in kdepim:
>
> - the Strigi analyzer plug-ins: Possibly usable independently, but the build
> depends on Strigi support of Akonadi being enabled for some reason, so
> effectively this has also been dead code. Remove entirely or enable
> optionally if Strigi is found?

Unless someone wants the analyzers, I'd say kill them. They were superseded by
Nepomuk feeder anyway and we managed to live without actually using them for
quite some time, I doubt anyone will miss them :-)

> - Search support in Kontact Touch: While the code is also dead, there is no
> corresponding Sparql implementation. Thus it might serve as a template to
> implement support for another query language. Kill or keep?

Up to KMail Touch maintainer :-)

Dan

PS: Just reminding, remove ODBC "support" from Akonadi, too ;-)

> regards,
> Volker

Daniel Vrátil
KDE Desktop Team
Associate Software Engineer, Red Hat, Inc.

GPG Key: 0xC59D614F6F4AE348
Fingerprint: 4EC1 86E3 C54E 0B39 5FDD B5FB C59D 614F 6F4A E348