[Kde-pim] When is body content retrieved in IMAP disconnected mode?

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 8 12:27:24 GMT 2013

On Friday 08 March 2013 21.35:53 Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Came across this when testing searching "Complete Message" for a term. Old
> messages I knew contained the term weren't being found by the search until I
> viewed them in kontact - and when I did view them it looked like the body
> was only being downloaded then.
>
> I presumed with disconnected mode that the entire message was being
> downloaded but it looks like its only doing it when viewed.

Accounts which are disconnected from the beginning should download the full
messages from the beginning (so it's actually usable offline). One case where
that doesn't happen is when an account was online (resulting in only headers
being downloaded), and then later on switched to offline. In that case the
behavior you're describing results, which is obviously not what we want.
Andras is started working on this issue AFAIK.

Cheers,
Christian