[Kde-pim] Marketing blocker collection, DEADLINE: 2013-03-10

Sven Burmeister sven.burmeister at gmx.net
Sun Mar 3 17:18:23 GMT 2013

Am Sonntag, 3. März 2013, 12:43:44 schrieb Georg C. F. Greve:
> So, everyone, please think which are the parts that utterly destroy user
> experience to the point of making KDE PIM marketing impossible and then send
> them.

Although I could understand that this will not be added to the list, simply
because it sucks up a lot of resources and is likely to fail for a lot of
users nevertheless:

- automatic import of kmail1 set-ups, including accounts, filters etc.

"Migration failed" is a common reason why people do not move to kmail2 in the
first place.

Following that is "akonadi takes ages to import/index/changing to my email
folder with 50000+ emails in it with Thunderbird is only takes y seconds"

I hope all the issues with POP3 and filtering will be resolved now, otherwise
that is surely a blocker for POP3 users of which there are apparently still
quite a lot.

Sven