[Kde-pim] Marketing blocker collection, DEADLINE: 2013-03-10

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Mar 7 08:59:48 GMT 2013

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:

> Aside from that - just how are users going to fix a corrupted or out sync
> "Cache but not really a cache". Because it has and will happen.

I still feel confusion here. :) What gets out of sync of what?
Akonadi db and the original storage? For that we have the syncing.
Akonadi db and Akonadi config files? Well, we are just working on this
issue, no?

I guess I need to write the part2 of my blog:

http://blogs.kde.org/2011/11/13/akonadi-misconception-1-where-my-data

As I see the part1 was indeed not that complete regarding what exactly is in
the database and how it acts (although it is valid what I wrote there).

Andras